Hot Dog Day
A summertime favorite for more than 40 years, the tradition continues…
Friday, August 6, 2021
beginning at 11:00 AM
Join us in Downtown Sterling for 25¢ hot dogs, chips & drinks at 8 different cooking sites, sidewalk sales, car wash, fun fair and more!
The grilling begins at 11:00 AM at until sold out or 2 PM, whichever occurs first and will vary by site.
2021 Cooking Sites:
Bardier-Ramirez Real Estate – 415 Locust Street (Library Plaza)
Also offering fresh El Hijo tortillas for your hot dog rather than a bun if you’d like!
County Market – 210 W. 3rd Street (Library Plaza)
Crescent Electric – 506 Locust Street (Corner of 5th Street & Locust, across from Grummert’s Hardware & SBM)
Golden Key Gifts – 702 W. 4th Street (Corner of Avenue G & 4th Street)
Also featuring a full condiment bar, 25¢ Cookies, 25¢ slices of Mitchell’s Melons and Sidewalk Sales!
Midland States Bank – 302 First Avenue (Corner of 1st Avenue & 3rd Street)
Sterling City Hall – 212 3rd Avenue
Featuring a Free Car Wash (donations appreciated) provided by and supporting the BLIND Student Leadership group
Sterling Township/Center for Youth – 312 E. 4th Street (next to the Post Office)
Vintage Cousins & Build-A-Pet Emporium – 318 First Avenue
Our 2021 Hot Dog Day t-shirt is now available for online ordering! Order by August 1st and pick up on August 6th during the Event. Shirts are available in Youth Sizes XS through Adult 5X.
Only limited quantities will be available for day of purchasing. The online store will remain open through August 6th, but you must order by August 1st for event day pick up. Shirts ordered after August 1st will have a later pick up date.
THANK YOU to our 2021 t-shirt sponsors: Showplace Antiques & Treasures, Sauk Valley Bank, United Way of Whiteside County, Air Play Espresso & Bakery, Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce, Bardier-Ramirez Real Estate, El Hijo Distributors, Sauk Valley Sun, Champs on Light Street, Mattox Insurance, JJM Printing, CGH Vision Center and Grummert’s Hardware.
Join us from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM at the Sterling Marketplace for a Fun Fair!
(Avenue A & W. 2nd Street, behind the Factory Pub-n-Grub)
2 Inflatable obstacle courses by Bouncin’ All Around Party Rentals
Activities by local businesses & organizations:
- Curt Repass Country Financial
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Whiteside County
- Sauk Valley Food Bank
- Sauk Valley Bank
- Sterling Public Library
- Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA
- YWCA of the Sauk Valley – offering 50¢ root beer floats!
- Tri-County Opportunities Council
Additional games & activities by the BLIND Student Leadership Program
and Music by 3D Sound
Sidewalk Sales & More
- Air Play Espresso & Bakery – 25¢ Cookies! – 115 E 3rd Street
- Golden Key Gifts – Corner of Avenue G & W 4th Street
- Showplace Antiques & Treasures – Corner of 1st Avenue & 3rd Street
- Grummert’s Hardware – Corner of Locust & 5th Street
- FREE Ice Cream Cups at the CGH Vision Center! – Library Plaza
- West End Moxie Thrift Shoppe – 115 W 3rd Street (next to the Mercantile)
- Primitive Frills Co. – Sidewalk Sales & $5 Make’n’Take crafts from 11A-5P – 7 E 3rd Street
- UOI Boutique – Sidewalk Sales
- Khloe’s Lemonade Stand at the Factory Pub-N-Grub
- Ella & Jesse’s Famous Lemonade Shake-ups at Champs on Light Street
- Dunk Tank
- 25¢ popcorn at the Sterling Theater and special movie matinees
• 1:30 PM – Jungle Cruise
• 2:00 PM – Suicide Squad